Powdered detergent or laundry powder is one of the most common cleaning agent. It helps remove dirt and stains from clothes and most fabrics.
- Ladle- wooden or plastic
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Transparent plastic bag
- Gas or electric stove
- Weighing scale
- Hand gloves
- Soda ash- 1,000g
- Linear Alkykyl Benzene Sulfuric (LABS)- 160g
- Distilled Water- 100 mL
- Sodium Tripolyphosphate (STPP) -40g
- Sodium Sulfate- 800g
- Sodium Metasillicate- 100 g
- Sodium Sulphite- 40g
- Sodium Perborate- 60g
- Carboxy Methyl Celluse (CMC)- 20g
- Coco Fatty Alcohol Sulfate (CFAS)- 24g
- Speckles- 10g
- Ariel- 5 ml
This makes 2 kilos of powdered soap
- Mix soda ash and LABS. Use wooden ladle while mixing.
- Add water at least 100 ml. of water.
- Mix thoroughly. Let it cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Add perfume if desired, and then pack it for retail.
Source: Bureau of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development (BMSMED)